Tuesday 13 March 2012

Animation Work

I will now needto plan what I will be doing when it comes to animating my objects or environment. First of all I will start with the environment.

There are many things you need to think about when you animate an environment. The main thing is the procedural animations. These bring a static environment to life. Here is a list of the main procedural animations that are found with environments in games today:

- Rain/Snow

- Time Lapse

- Water

- Smoke / Fog

- Fire

These are all important in environments because they bring it to life. For example if you have a car on destroyed in a street, have an animated fire with smoke coming from it makes it look more realistic.

For my game that I am designing, I will need to add these effects so the environment im creating looking more realistic. I am designing an inside space, but it has a part of the space that is exteriour. I want the scene to be sunny outside but dark inside. So I will not be using Rain or Snow at all within my game. There will be a fireplace within one of the rooms in the building so I will need to have an animated Fire which will then produce Smoke which I will be using also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVHBJSq7rpg - This will be used to research into creating an effective looking fire within 3DS Max

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3regJHtfBU - This will be used to research into creating effective looking smoke for my environment.

I will also need to think about animating a few of my probs, vehicle or person to move. This will be done using key frame animation, which is very simple to do within 3DS Max. The following video will be used for my research and learn how to key frame animate something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he7YPZx3Nm0

I will also need to create walk cycles for a character. This is because creating a walk cycle will effectively shave a lot of time off trying to move arms and legs into correct spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment