Wednesday 9 May 2012

Modelling : Environment

My environment was modelled on 3DS Max is has been a combination of different ideas that I have come up with, from my original steam punk idea, to a much newer and simpler idea of creating as run down, broken shack. It has a nice mix between the two.

It was created within 3DS Max and all of the props I modelled separately and pulled into the scene that I had created. Most of the texturing that was done was done by using the UV Mapping tool, which allows me to position the textures manually on an object to get it how I want.

The lighting used is done by the mental ray skylight, which uses photons and global illumination to get the effects that look good and detailed.

Here is the first rendered screenshot of one of the rooms:

 
As you can see from the screen-shots, they have changed quite a bit from the untextured one, to the textured on. The fully textured one is dark and gloomy which gives off the effect I wanted in the shack.

Here is another couple of screen-shots:


This is a big change from the other ones, because I then decided that I wanted to try and render with holes in the roof, thus allowing more light into the scene, it also gave this nice effect with the roof slats.

So I did the same with the bathroom, which is next door to this room.


As you can see, its still very dark in the corridor because that's covered up from the upper part of the house, I just wanted the roof to be missing here, and not on that side, because it gives the feeling that its been destroyed, not removed.


As you can see from the picture, I have kept everything dark, to keep with the theme of the building  to ensure that the scene was not to dark, and it also adds to that sense of destruction.


No comments:

Post a Comment