Wednesday 9 May 2012

Modelling : Jet

Here is the jet I modelled within Maya, this was one of the first things I attempted to model within Maya itself, Its just a basic poly / Nurb's mesh that I used. I got the inspiration for this, and most of the ideas from a picture and set of tutorials I found on the internet. Yet because the tutorials cost to watch, I could only look at the images for ideas, and try to model it from them.

The source is here : http://gfxdomain.com/blog/images/DTIM_2012.jpg

As you can see its good quality mesh, and I wanted to try and mimic it, but put my own spin on it slightly.

Here are the finished mesh pictures:





As you can see I stuck to the picture quite closely and modelled along to my reference, this wasn't a test of skill for me, it was a simple practise of whether I could work to a reference photo, and also get used to the Maya interface and tools, I feel I did pretty well, yet my work has grown since I created this.

No comments:

Post a Comment