Friday 11 May 2012

Evaulation

I will now evaluate my project and see how I did and how everything turned out overall. From my props to my environment and characters.

I will start by saying that I didn't stick to my proposal when it came to my character. This was because I found the concept art and the profile and side view. Overall my character turned out well. Yet there are a lot of areas that I would do differently. Such as my poly count is far to high for a character at 80k. I would try to do it with different techniques that I know now. Such as baking out a basic diffuse, ambient occlusion maps and unwrap the whole model while keeping the poly count low.

While keeping the poly count low I would of used a normal map to keep the detail, and maybe input him into Z-brush to create a high poly sculpt of the character.
As you can see there is a lot that I could of done differently yet you learn form these mistakes and hopefully the next character I create will be a lot better.

Next I will talk about my environment. Overall I thought this turned out well, I stuck to my concept and kept it small and simple. I wanted to litter the scene, to make it look busy and interesting and I think I did this well. There are still things I would of done differently is build the scene seperately and unwrap more items to ensure that the scene is more detailed than just basic textures. I think the textures are the thing that lets the whole scene down because its not as detailed as it could be.

The jet itself is alright. I used Nurbs to model it, then converted it to a poly to ensure that it renders right. I then used basic box modelling technquies to ensure that it looks correct. I then textured it using basic blinns and lamberts. I also used ramps and grids to try and make the texture how I wanted. I then used lights to light the scene, using colours that I took from the environment that I used.

For my animation I wanted to make something different that an animated biped in Max, so I opted for the Maya version, and I found a fully rigged model on-line that I could use for this. I then proceeded to key frame animate this person into how I wanted, after creating a basic storyboard for him. I would do things differently now, by adding more to the animation and maybe doing more moves and flips within it. Making it more interesting to watch. I would add more camera work and even more cameras to ensure that it was interesting and thrilling to watch.

I also did a small dance animation based off a popular series "The Office", this one was a bit of fun and I used the basic technique that was used in the other animations. It turned out pretty good so I decided to render it and put it up on my blog.

Overall I think my project went well, and as with all projects there are things that I look back on now and think that I could do it differently, but I felt that everything I have achieved has made this project solid and successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment